RS GROUP Holding begins preparations for the construction of a natural gas processing plant to produce methanol and BIO polymers.
- Capex — $1.3 billion.
- Capacity — 1.6 mln tons/year of methanol.
- IRR — 18%.
- Preparatory period 2 years, plant construction 2 more years.
- Target production year — 2024.
- Payback period — 7 — 9 years.
- Lifecycle of the plant before capital reconstruction is 50 years.
The plant’s products are mainly export-oriented for the inflow of foreign currency revenues to Russia. There are applications from buyers for the planned volume of future products: companies from Japan, India, China and BP (British Petroleum).
The initiators of the Project have many years of experience in the field of gas and petrochemicals, including the construction of a methanol plant in 2014 and the implementation of other major industrial and investment projects.
The customer’s activities are aimed at creating a modern, environmentally safe enterprise with high economic efficiency, able to provide long-term supplies of methanol and BIO polymers to the domestic market of the Russian Federation and for export.